Types of Roof Damage
Assessing whether emergency roof repair is required can also be done based on the kind of roof damage present in a home.
Specific types of roof damage that may qualify as an emergency include:
- Fallen trees have damaged the structural integrity of a house
- High winds have left a home vulnerable to water intrusion
- Extensive water damage has placed the roof at risk of collapse
- Ice dams have caused major damage or leaks
- Fire has damaged trusses, decking, underlayment, or other roofing materials
- Roof infestations have caused significant damage to a roof
There are several roofing issues that do not qualify as an emergency. Some of these include hail damage, minor leaks, roof vent clogs, moss growth, a couple of missing shingles, and gaps in flashing.
What to Do about Emergency Roof Damage
Once a roofing emergency is identified, it’s easy to become overwhelmed. The first thing to do is assess whether the damage is severe enough to evacuate the home. While DIY emergency roof repair should not be attempted, one may wish to find the source of the leak. The homeowner may also want to place buckets to collect the water, run a dehumidifier, or take other such steps to limit water damage.
Don’t forget to call a professional roofing company like Lighthouse Roofing for emergency roof repair in Corpus Christi. We can arrive quickly to provide roof tarping, board-up, and other repair services to prevent a home from encountering even more damage.
Call (361) 214-7447 today to get an emergency roof repair technician heading your way.
Shingle & Ready to Mingle?
Contact our team today. Your home is your largest, most valuable investment. Let our team of experts protect it.